Friday, March 4, 2011

The President's Daughter

I just spent my afternoon reading The President's Daughter by Jack Higgins.  When I read it, I practically had no idea what the book was going to be about, because when I bought the book it didn't come with a sleeve.  So I mainly read it, because I normally like this particular author's books and I figured I would like this one as well.  So as I it turns out, I ended up liking this book a lot. 

The book has a great plot.  The president, Jake Calzat, has a secret, a secret that only four people, including the president himself are aware of.  The secret is that French Countess Marie de Brissac is his daughter.  Somehow against the odds, his secret is discovered by a terrorist named Judas.  He kidnaps Marie, and Sean Dillon, an ex-terrorist, and uses the pair to blackmail the president into signing on to a plan that would essentially cause the destruction of three counties.  If the president doesn't sign, Judas will have his daughter executed, but Dillon manages to escape Judas.  Now, Dillon is in a race against the clock to rescue Marie, before time runs out, and the president is forced to choose between the life of his daughter and the lives of millions.

No comments:

Post a Comment