Wednesday, March 2, 2011

SAT Study Guide

Lately, I've been preparing for the SAT, so the only book I've really had my nose in is The Official SAT Study Guide Second Edition by College Board.  I haven't taken the SAT yet, but I think this book is going to be pretty helpful.  The book breaks down the writing, critical reading and mathematics sections of the SAT, and provides a lot of strategy and test taking tips for each individual section of the test.   I think the mathematics section of the book is going to be especially helpful, because it basically tells you which mathematical concepts that you should know for the test and give you a little mini-lesson for each concept.  So the math section of the book is kind of like one big math review.  It even tells you which kind of math will not be on the SAT, for example trigonometry and logarithms will not be on the test.  The book also includes 10 official SAT practice tests with answers keys for each one.  If you plan on taking the SAT, whether it's your first time or a repeat, I think this book would be very helpful to you.

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to get this book. I need to take that test as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete